My name is Rachel Afshari. I am a junior at the University of Massachusetts pursuing a degree in Biology with a minor in Environmental Science. I have a special interest in cellular and molecular biology and am currently involved with the Campus Sustainability initiative here at UMASS. I was mentored when I was in middle school and remember it being an amazing experience. This is what inspired me to get involved with the E-STEM mentoring program the Massachusetts Academy of Science offers.
- Summer Science – A Blast!
- Hazards of Cell Phone Use
- Coffee: A Pick Me Up?
- Humans vs. the Octopus
- Cramping Our Children’s Creativity
- The Importance of Academic Writing Skills
- Welcome to the Galactic Neighborhood
- The Brain Initiative: Restoring our soldiers’ memory
- Hey how’s the weather…on SATURN!?